Date: December 04, 2006
Subject: Include DrugSense in End-of-the-Year Charitable Giving
As the year winds down, charitable giving increases. If you are inclined to make end-of-the-year donations, here is why you should consider giving to DrugSense at www.drugsense.org/donate/
- Combined, the DrugSense and MAP Web sites receive nearly 350,000 unique visitors per month.
- Our fully searchable DrugNews Archive, www.drugnews.org/ of drug policy related newspaper, magazine, and Web articles now tops 170,000, with about 500 added every week. The archive is equipped with search tools and RSS/XML feeds, making it an invaluable resource for researchers, journalists, analysts, and activists alike.
- Using this archive as a base, more than 22,000 Letters to the Editor (LTEs), www.mapinc.org/lte/ have been published, with an estimated 1,800 people participating in this letter writing effort each year. These LTEs represent more than $22 million in equivalent advertising value for the reform message.
- Based on the DrugNews Archive, the DrugSense Weekly, www.drugsense.org/nl/2006/ electronic newsletter has been published for 472 consecutive weeks, reaching an estimated 20,000 readers each week.
- More than 100 drug policy focused organizations utilize one or more of DrugSense's services including Web hosting, e-mail discussion lists, and technical support. www.drugpolicycentral.com/
- Our Community Audits and Initiatives Project www.drugsense.org/caip site contains the language, media plans, and useful links for fifteen different city ordinances and citizen-led initiatives that pertain to drug policy reform. The DrugSense University and College Reform Section holds the same information for six different colleges.
- Visitors to DrugSense and MAP hail from more than 125 countries worldwide. The MAP system has been exported to Canada www.mapinc.org/cmap/ the Netherlands www.mapinc.org/mapnl/ and Germany www.mapinc.org/mapde/
With a more progressive political climate in Washington, we may have opportunities for meaningful drug policy reform in 2007. Help ensure this change happens by extending a portion of your year-end giving to DrugSense. www.drugsense.org/donate/
Please mail your check or money order to:
14252 Culver Drive #328
Irvine, CA 92604-0326
As a DrugSense is a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit, your donation to DrugSense is tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
End the year on the right note. Donate to Drugsense!
You have received this message because you are subscribed to one or more voluntary mailing lists (listserves) provided by DrugSense/MAP.
For more information please visit: