Date: December 23, 2007
Subject: Create a Legacy of Sensible Policies
We all want our lives to count for something. To have a greater meaning. To create a future that will be better for our children than it was for us. We also want sensible, compassionate, and fair minded policies enacted toward the substances we consume, especially the therapeutic or the mind-altering ones. The problem is that drug prohibition (aka, the War on Drugs) and its detrimental consequences have remained an ongoing human rights problem for more than seventy years and show no signs of stopping in the near future.
Maybe you've asked yourself how to continue the fight for sensible policies long after you've retired from the front lines of this senseless drug war.
Organizations like DrugSense that work for better policies now will need a strong future presence. DrugSense serves as a library, knowledgebase, and infrastructure to this movement for major social change. These unique resources require preservation, much like their brick and mortar counterparts.
Here is where your legacy and the essential preservation DrugSense resources intersect. Please consider a few of the following ideas on how you can sustain the call for sensible policies.
* A generous donation. Please visit drugsense.org/support.php
* Support your local drug policy reform group. You can donate to offset their Internet charges at the above link.
* Gift matching programs. A generous supporter has agreed to match individual gifts, effectively doubling your impact. Your company may also have a gift matching program to double or even triple your donation.
* A bequest of your assets. Give money, securities, or other property to a charity like DrugSense through your will.
* A memorial to a fallen friend or hero. Honor the memory of family members, friends, and important figures in our cause with contributions made in that person's name.
* Planned giving - Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, and more.
These ideas are detailed in this brochure drugsense.org/flyers/legacy.pdf
The end of the year represents a great time to think about your legacy. Making your tax deductible contribution before January 1 offers you tax benefits in April. Further, some regulations expire or change after the first of the year, so timing can be all important.
If you would like to help out right now, please visit our secure server at drugsense.org/support.php
You can also make your check payable to DrugSense and mail it to:
14252 Culver Drive #328
Irvine, CA 92604-0326
Help create a better future. Give generously today for the hope of a better tomorrow.
Happy Holidays from DrugSense/MAP!
P.S. If you are interested in any of the legacy items listed above, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance.
You have received this message because you are subscribed to one or more voluntary mailing lists (listserves) provided by DrugSense/MAP.
For more information please visit: