Date: May 19, 2008
Subject: Join this Respected Group of Drug Policy Organizations
Join DrugSense today!
One of the great pleasures of being the Executive Director of DrugSense is the opportunity to work with so many of the remarkable organizations engaged in ending the failed prohibition on substance use. As the main online web host and service provider to drug policy reform, we've seen dozens of organizations borne out of the pain, frustration, and futility of the War on Drugs, and have helped many of them work more effectively by incorporating the online services offered through DrugSense's Drug Policy Central www.drugpolicycentral.com/ into their websites and daily work.
I have watched LEAP grow from an interesting band of former police officers to one of the most high-impact and effective drug policy reform organizations in America. The Harm Reduction Coalition evolved from an initial focus on injection drug use to a voice for substance users around the world. We have helped drug policy reform leaders like Common Sense for Drug Policy and the Drug Truth Network expand their reach across the web and into other media with a message of progressive, evidence- based approaches to substance use, and we continue to assist the good work of reform advocates like the National Advocates for Pregnant Women in their fight for the personal rights and freedoms of the most vulnerable members of society.
Like all DrugSense services, Drug Policy Central's web hosting services are FREE, but they're not free to produce. To donate to DrugSense quickly and easily, please go to drugsense.org/donate/ Contribute today!
Here's more information on these organizations and the services provided to them by DrugSense's Drug Policy Central:
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, www.leap.cc Composed of former and current members of law enforcement and the judiciary, LEAP continues to supply speakers calling for an end to prohibition throughout North America. Check out leap.cc/Speakers to find a speaker in your area. DrugSense provides to LEAP with the following services: a) website hosting; b) domain name acquisition and renewals; c) website and graphic design; d) mailing lists; e) membership database; and f) training and tech support.
* Read a quote about DPC services from LEAP founder Jack Cole below.
- Common Sense for Drug Policy, www.csdp.org Among its many informative and useful drug policy related services, CSDP is the home of the popular Drug War Facts ( www.drugwarfacts.org/ ), a compendium of statistics and information on the harms of prohibition. DrugSense is proud to host and maintain mailing lists for CSDP.
- Drug Truth Network, www.drugtruth.net/ The Drug Truth Network is a media production organization based at KPFT Radio Houston, dedicated to exposing the fraud, misdirection, and wastefulness of the War on Drugs. Its main project is Dean Becker's popular Cultural Baggage, Century of Lies, and 4:20 Drug War News radio newscasts. DrugSense helped design and now hosts this important web resource.
- Harm Reduction Coalition, www.harmreduction.org/ Founded in 1993, the Harm Reduction Coalition is a national advocacy and capacity-building organization that promotes the health and dignity of individuals and communities impacted by drug use. DrugSense is proud to host this national organization's website.
- National Advocates for Pregnant Women www.advocatesforpregnantwomen.org/ National Advocates for Pregnant Women works to secure the human and civil rights, health and welfare of all women, focusing particularly on pregnant and parenting women, and those who are most vulnerable - low income women, women of color, and drug-using women. DrugSense is proud to provide web-hosting services to NAPW.
If you'd like to join the long list of national and international drug policy reform organization hosted by DrugSense's Drug Policy Central, please contact us today at www.drugpolicycentral.com to find out how.
DrugSense depends on individual donors like you to ensure that all of these amazing online drug policy resources stay operational and up-to- date, so please DONATE TODAY by visiting drugsense.org/donate/ It's fast and easy, AND online donations are secure drugsense.org/security.htm, private, and tax-deductible!
Thank you again for working to end the international war on drugs, and for supporting DrugSense/MAP.
14252 Culver Dr #328
Irvine, CA 92604-0326
* "LEAP has a new dynamic web site with some social-networking functioning. Many thanks to Matt Elrod and Deb Harper for the countless hours of programming and tweaking the web pages and to Drug Sense our host and the Media Awareness Project who power the site with their automatic feeds ... The new site became active on July 1, 2007. The per-day visits have nearly doubled the number of visits made during the month of June 2007 and more than quadrupled what they were a year ago in August 2006. By just holding this momentum LEAP will have 1.5 million visitors during 2007. We expect to surpass that number by several magnitudes."
- Jack Cole, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
P.S. Of course it goes without saying that, once we begin to acknowledge the impressive efforts of specific groups, it is inevitable that we will fail to recognize many of the other organizations that we have been supporting, working with, and depending upon DrugSense efforts for well over a decade. For a list of all 120+ Drug Policy Central clients, please visit: www.drugpolicycentral.com/hosting/clients.htm
You have received this message because you are subscribed to one or more voluntary mailing lists (listserves) provided by DrugSense/MAP.
For more information please visit: